Beachboy loves salad. Well, he loves salad if it is comprised only of vegetables, that is. By vegetables, I mean the ordinary ones. Even the lettuce has to be simple.
In an effort to be more reasonable about what we eat, I’ve been trying to cook more nourishing foods instead of just stuff that sounds good to us.
That’s how all of the spinach ended up in the fridge. Beachboy doesn’t eat spinach, but he did last night. As he took his last bite of the salad, he said, “That was a very pleasant surprise!” I wish you the same luck with your eaters.
Fruited Spinach Salad for Two
- 1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast– coat, dredge, and saute
- Roughly 1/2 cup salsa (marinate chicken overnight and mix remaining salsa with honey for coating chicken)
- Roughly 2 Tb. honey, divided
- Plain bread crumbs (for coating chicken before sauteeing)
- Fresh baby spinach
- 1 small sweet onion (or red)
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced and cut into bite size rectangles
- 1 handful of fresh pecans, toasted (to be served warm)
- Crumbled Feta cheese with Cranberries (You can get this at Kroger)
- Brianna’s Blush Wine Vinegerette