What an exciting weekend it was at our little cottage!
On Saturday, we met with a contractor in order to obtain estimates for the many to-do’s on our list. For once, it looks as if our dollars will stretch farther than we had anticipated. What a lovely feeling that is! As a result, we’re now considering a kitchen remodel.
I’ve been playing around with Ikea’s wonderful kitchen design program. We are considering using their cabinets as a starting place for the kitchen and having a few custom sizes made to match, in order to best utilize our space.
Here is an overview of one of the plans I’m considering.
Also on the project list?
- Finishing work in the main bathroom
- Remodling the petite master bath (I have my eyes set on honed marble.)
- New walls, floors, and a raised ceiling in the library (bookshelves, too!)
- Adding a set of interior french doors between the master bedroom and the library
- Closing off an existing doorway between the master bedroom and kitchen
- Refinishing all of the hardwood floors
Here are a few inspiration pictures.
Doors between the master bedroom and library
Kitchen Sink Cabinetry. I’d also like to mimic this detail on the shelving in the library. I hope to find some old windows to incorportate into the bookcases, as well.
Full wall of tile around the kitchen window
Hutch-styled cabinetry in the kitchen
This weekend, I found a great table on Craigslist. It’s actually a coffee table, but the size is just right for a kitchen island. I’ll be taking it off of the low base and putting it on a new one, turning it into an island. What a steal this will be!