I’ve escaped this
It was a great trade!
December 30, 2011
November 1, 2008
The Hyper Homemaker posted this to-do list for today’s portion of the Ultimate Cleaning Challenge. Luck was on my side, though, because it turned out that I started reorganizing all of my kitchen cabinets last night. Here is what I’ve already finished due to my Friday-night cleaning. Having a jump start will leave me time to do some extra projects I have planned (below).
Day 1 – Conquering the Kitchen
Make sure daily is done:
– Clear off all counter tops
– Load dishwasher
– Handwash any dishes needed
– Wipe down sink
– Wipe down stovetop
– Wipe down all the counters
– Swiffer the floor
– Take everything out of the pantry.
– Wipe down shelves.
– Toss old items and donate unused good items.
– Repackage all messy items into nice containers. (STARTED)
– Place all items back into the pantry in an organized fashion. (STARTED)
– Take everything out of the fridge and freezer (placing items in a cooler with all the remaining ice.
– Scrub down the inside and outside of the fridge, shelves, doors, ice maker and freezer.
– Replace water filter if you have one.
– Clean fridge condenser coil.
– Toss old or useless food.
– Place everything back into fridge in an organized fashion.
– Take ALLL your items out of all your cabinets and drawers. Yes… ALL! (HALF DONE)
– Wipe down the inside of all cabinets and drawers.
– Wipe down the inside of all containers such as utensil holders.
– Store items not used in over 6 months, or summer seasonal items. (Started)
– Thinking logically (ie – potholders next to stove, towels next to sink), try to put everything back in a more useful and purposeful place, and in an organized fashion.
– Scrub down the cupboard exteriors, from to of the kitchen to bottom.
Since BeachBoy and my father-in-law are out of the town this weekend, I have the house to myself. So, I should have the time and space to be productive. Adding to the list above, here is my dream list for Saturday:
The boys made quite a mess in the kitchen before leaving, so I have my work cut out for me!