The bad news?
We have a monster leak in the kitchen….and it’s U.G.L.Y.
The good news?
The plan for the new kitchen (since we have to gut) is ready to go!
Here’s a quick look at the current plan.
-Open shelving for my cookbooks (yay!)
-Wood counters (a nod to our cottage)
– Marble Backsplash
-Mixed Hardware Styles
-Sconces to brighten the place up
Really, what makes me smile?
1. Getting rid of the water problem, rotten cabinets and all
2. Putting the dishwasher in a location where you can use it and the range (or it and a drawer) at the same time
3. Cabinets that don’t have attack drawers that fall out on your feet!!
4. Hiding the seldom-used microwave
5. FOOD STORAGE (we have none, presently)…oh, let’s just say storage in general while we’re at it 😉
Let the work begin! Next week will be spent working on the kitchen, if things go as planned (around here, they never do…)